Are we at war with radical Islamic fundamental terrorists? Some facts.
The Fort Hood murders fit into a now familiar pattern of radical Islam-inspired violence that manifests itself in two principal ways.
First are the formal terrorist plots that radical Muslims have attempted, in coordinated fashion:
1. Blow up a bridge
2. Explode a train
3. Assault a military base
4. Topple a high-rise building
5. Najibullah Zazi was indicted for plans to set off a bomb in New York on the anniversary of 9/11.
6. Daniel Patrick Boyd and Hysen Sherifi were charged with conspiring to murder U.S. military personnel at the Quantico, Va., military base.
7. Hosam Maher Husein Smadi was arrested after being accused of placing what he thought were explosives near a 60-story office tower in Dallas.
8-27. More than 20 other domestic terrorist plots have been stopped by law enforcement agencies since 9/11
This means, on average, in the 98 months since 9/11, a radical Islamic-inspired terrorist plot has been uncovered every four months.
Second, there have also been “lone wolf” mass murders in which angry radical Muslims sought to channel their frustrations and failures into violence against their perceived enemies of Islam.
28. The just-executed sniper John Allan Muhammad voiced approval of Osama bin Laden and radical Islamic violence.
29. Naveed Afzal Haq, currently on trial for going on a murderous rampage at the Jewish Federation of Greater Seattle building. A survivor said Haq stated his attack was a “personal statement against Jews.”
30. Mohammed Reza Taheri-azar ran over nine students at the University of North Carolina. Officers said he told them afterward he wanted to avenge the deaths of Muslims worldwide.
31. Omeed Aziz Popal struck 18 pedestrians with his car near a Jewish center in San Francisco. Witnesses say he said, “I am a terrorist,” at the scene.
The facts of at least 31 acts of terror since 9/11 on American soil reveal an undeniable reality.
Every few months either an Islamic-inspired terrorist plot will be foiled, or a young Muslim male will shoot, run down, or stab someone while invoking anger at non-Muslims.
In other words, the attack on Fort Hood happened on schedule. It was the rule, not the exception. And something like it will occur again — soon.
Source: This was a re-write of: Same Old, Same Old at Fort Hood,This attack was the rule, not the exception, By Victor Davis Hanson in National Review